I decided to post ten sounds that I absolutely love.
* the sound of ocean waves crashing
* the sound of an owl in the middle of a quiet night – hoot
* the giggles of grandchildren
* the sound of rain on the awnings outside my window
* the sound of food simmering on the stove
* the sound of music (not the movie – just music)
* the sound of leaves rustling in the breeze
* the sound of horse hooves on the pavement
* the sound of fog ( to me there is a sound accompanying the fog )
* and my favorite of all time – The Sound of Silence – to me the sound of silence is when a lovely snow is falling and you step outside and just stand there and listen – it’s a “kind of hush” – a sound of silence.
What are some of your favorite sounds?
31 thoughts on “The Sound of Silence”
Cate, I love all of your sounds plus I have some other favorites depending on where I am. At home I love to hear the sound of the rooster crowing in the background and the moooo of a cow. Various birds are music to my ear as well as the sound of a train; both the track sound and the choo choose. Lol. Nice post, girl. Have a wonderful day!!! 🌺
Thank you Levi….. list can grow – I love the train! and the birds and squirrles. I heard a cow moo one evening in CA in the fog! Amazing.
Love these all too (maybe not so much the horse hoofs, but then just haven’t been around them much 🙂 Thanks for sharing. Made me smile and makes us enjoy life’s simple pleasures and “sounds”
Jodi – glad you like these. My list has grown since I posted. Another day perhaps…..
Have a great day!
All of yours (amend “rain-awning” to “rain-window”) and:-
* any one (of five) pre-dawn big planes into London Heathrow: they really do “tip-toe past us” @ 30 miles away from landing – always gives me a tingle!
* a church organ in full belt – another tingle moment
* the theme tune “Match of the Day” (UK “proper” football tv programme!)
* the “plop” of fish jumping (well landing really) on a quiet river
* the sound of lambs in springtime!
Now … you have me going!! Thank you 🙂
Thank you! Keep going. 😀
Some of your sounds I haven’t gotten to yet (i.e. grandchildren giggling, and owl’s hoot) but your list is awesome. I love the sound of walking on snow in boots when all else is quiet. I love the belly laughs of young children. I love the sounds of music boxes and carousels.
I just love “hearing” yours and others responses. 🙂
Also, just thought of an orchestra warming up before the performance. That is an awesome sound. And this, Cate, was an awesome post!
I love that sound too!! Thank you Torrie
Cate, can you believe…….I heard my first owl tonight! For real! How strange we just ‘talked’ about this, huh?
No way! That’s fantastic!! 🙂
It really was. It has been such a magical day over here today. Remember this. Really, remember it for me. It could be that I’ll tell you a story in a post later and you’ll know how magical that owl was.
OK. I can’t wait to hear more. 😀
sleep well Friend………
You summed them up beautifully – and then there’s this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTCNwgzM2rQ – Cut and paste 🙂
A wonderful post, wonderful “silence”.
I think my favorite by far is children laughing,
My Dad and I used to call each other when it would rain (we lived six miles apart for a while) to see if it was raining at the other’s house. Sweet memories.
Thank you Robbie! God bless you. 😀
Great post!! I think it brings our own favorite sounds to mind– from your list– I love the sound of rustling leaves– and the wind through the pine trees up at the Big Bear cabin– and you can count me in for giggling grand-girls! And for some reason, I’m partial to the crunchy sound of walking on gravel… fun! xox
This was fun Rhonda! Thank you for participating. 🙂
rain in the night is wonderful! We had some also.
A knock when a good friend is expected.
Yes Brenda. That’s a good one. 🙂
Always gives me a lift. 🙂
I enjoy similar sounds to you, especially the leaves, the rain (when I am warmly tucked inside), the clip-clop of horses hooves, the owl at night and the sound of hush with a new fall of snow (especially if i don’t have to go anywhere!)
Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my Blog.
silence…ahhhhhhhhhhh… and yes, i too enjoy similar sounds…but your post made for a moment of silence to listen in on the quiet right now…
and then a sound i enjoy is what i’ll hear in a few moments…the sound of a car pulling into my driveway and hearing my littlest granddaughter screaming “ma….mama” as she sees me coming to meet her, then the pitter patter of her little feet running toward me…lol…it’s all good…
have a blessed day enjoying the sounds ❤
and that is the best sound of all!!!
Wonderful wonderful. I love the last pic. Nice Cate!
Comments are closed.